Sunday, May 2, 2010

Laughter is The best Medicine

I want to devote this section to affirming that laughter, smiling and your sense of humor are very therapeutic. There is evidence from studies and research on the benefits of laughter. But I want you to seriously take at look at how you can truly create the quality of life you so richly deserve. I want to borrow a powerful quote from Charles Swindoll about attitude and its importance. He said:
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me is more important that the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures,than successes, than what other people think or say or do. it is more important than appearances, than giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company..a church..a home. The remarkable thing is we have a chance every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play the one string we have, and that is our attitude...I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you...we are in charge of our attitudes."

If you approach life with the attitude that you are going to make every effort to enjoy life, to laugh at life, to embrace life and use your "gift" of laughter to survive and cope with the stress of everyday life, you will be a much more productive, happier and healthier person. I will endeavor to challenge your values, beliefs and standards about humor and laughter. But your attitude is key, tee hee, ha, ha!

The humor quote for this week is: "An optimist laughs to forget; a pessimist forgets to laugh."
The question for this week is "What is one thing you can do to remind yourself to laugh on a daily basis?

2 comments:

  1. Dorothea -- terrific site! keep up the good work..and yes, Laughter is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Dorothea.God Bless You forever.After I took your class My dosis of laugh a day is a most.LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete